Banner year for McFly! Harry Judd mobbed by ecstatic bandmates as he is crowned winner of Strictly Come Dancing

By ANDREA MAGRATH



Joy: Harry Judd has been crowned the winner of Strictly Come Dancing 2011



Just weeks after his bandmate Dougie Poynter was crowned King of the Jungle on I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here, Harry Judd has won Strictly Come Dancing 2011.

His ecstatic McFly bandmates stormed the dancefloor moments after hosts Bruce Forsyth and Tess Daly announced their names.

Sir Bruce was left chasing the boy band off the floor as they interrupted the Glitterball ceremony in their rush to congratulate the 25-year-old drummer.





Outta the way! Harry's partner Aliona was left celebrating on her own as his bandmates rushed to congratulate him



The ecstatic boys jumped on Judd, leaving his partner Aliona to cheer by herself before they enveloped her in their group celebration.

'All I can say is, from the bottom of heart thank you to everyone for voting for Aliona and me,' the thrilled 25-year-old said. 'I've been on the best show on TV and I'm just honoured.'

The musician had earlier admitted that he wasn't convinced that joining the show was the best decision early on in the competition. 'I was dreading it to be honest. I thought, what am I doing?'



Ecstatic: The McFly drummer scooped up partner Aliona after they heard the news



Victory lap: The winning couple embraced as hosts Bruce Forsyth and Tess Daly signed off for the season



'I was so nervous when I first started and I didn't think I'd be able to do it. But Aliona has gotten me through it.'

Going into the final results Harry and Aliona were leading by three points, with a combined score of 156.

Runner-up Chelsee Healey said: 'I'm really proud of meself.' In a Sally Field moment, the Waterloo Road actress said: 'To know people actually like me is really nice.'



Welcome back: 'The Class of 2011' returned to the dance floor for one final performance







source: dailymail

0 comments:

Post a Comment